Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2020

evaporting experiment

Hello and welcome to my blog today's blog is about what we been learning about Evaporation.
Evaporation is  the process of a liquid truing into a vapour.
Aim:To Evaporate copper sulfate.(blue liquid) to from a solute.
hypothesis:I think that it wont from a solute it will just boil.
Equipment: Gauze mat,
Method:
1.set up element
2.add 100ml of hot water to beaker and place on the element.
3.Add copper sulfate to evaporating  dish till quarter full. 
4.carefully,place the evaporating dish on thee top of the beaker.
5.turn on element to 3 .
6.Heat the solution until most of the solvent has been evaporated and crystals of solute are forming.
7.turn off the element-careful not to touch as will be hot for a long time.
observation:the first few mins the water started to boil then when we turn it off most of the liquid was gone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.