Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Physical or chemical change

 (Heating ZnO)

Hypothesis - I think there will be a color change 

Equipment:

sample of ZnO

Hot plate 

scales 

Heatproof container/ evaporating dish

Tongs 

Heatproof mat 

Method-

1.Get a sample of ZnO in an evaporating dish 

2.weigh ZnO and container - recored weight 

2.heat container and ZnO on a hot plate 

3.observe any changes take any before and after photos 

4.place of heat and put on a heatproof mat 

5.let it cool -see what happens 

6.Reweigh 

Results- the color of the ZnO turns a slight yellow color when the ZnO was heated and when it cooled down it changed back to the same color and the weight did not change therefore this is a physical change. 

Conclusion - My hypothesis was right the ZnO did change color.







was your hypothesis right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.