Pages

Friday, February 26, 2021

Parihaka

 Hello and welcome to my blog this blog is about the parihaka song and the remembrance of parihaka. Also some questions about parihaka.

The main message from this song is saying how the people of pairhaka are strong and peaceful.

Eg: I know Te Whiti will never be defeated,

And even at the darkest hour,

His presence will remain.

I'll sing to you the song of Parihaka.


The people of parihaka were not violent and peaceful protesters and this part of the song show their passive resistance.

His children's children wearing the white plume.


They wore white feathers on their head to show peace.


They can't pull out the roots is said in this song this means they cant take their culture and their spirit.


The lyrics in this part of the song show how determined they were.

Rise up, defend yourself, never give in.


This song shows the significant parts of parihaka and what makes this significant is it still affects people today.


1,600 people were affected and some people are still affected today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.