Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Diffusion

hello and welcome to my blog todays blog is about diffusion in science.
but befor i get into the blog we need to know what is diffusion?
when somthing spreads more widely.

Aim:see if hot/cold will difuse particals fast.
Hypothes:I think the cold will stop nthe diffusion because the particals will freazee.
Equipment: petrl dish,water,tweezers,a crystal of potassium permanganate.
meathod:
half filln your petrl dish with cold water.

place the petrl dish on your work bench and allow the water to become settled.

using the tweezers, place a single crystal of potassium permangate in the centre of the petrl dish.

observe for 5 mintues

repeat the experiment using hot water.

Reasults:The cold did make the colur spread slower than the heat

here is a photo of my group doing experiment.






1 comment:

  1. Well done Ella! Your next step would be to use a discussion to explain why your results were happening... why do the particles spread faster in hot temperatures? what does it give to the particles?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.