Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

circuits

battery: A device that converts chemical energy to electrical energy

switch: a device that opens or closes a circuit

bulb: In a circuit, this shows if electricity is flowing by lighting up

resistor: An electrical device that resists the flow of electrical current

wire: a thin, flexible thread of metal

ammeter: A device used to measure current in a circuit

voltmeter: A device used to measure voltage, or electrical potential energy difference

cell: Supplies energy to a circuit, by pushing current from the positive to the negative end


Here is a basic circuit with a switch 

This is was the circuit looks like without a switch

An this the circuit with higher voltage 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.